Saturday, November 3, 2012

iPad Mini And 4th Generation iPad

The seven inch iPad Mini was officially announced not to long ago, and it's really cool looking on the surface. However, the guts of the new iPad Mini isn't so impressive. It does not have a Retina Display that the lager ten inch iPad has, and it only has the older A5 CPU. It's pretty much an iPad 2 but seven inches and smaller. It is cheaper, and that alone can be a tempting offer.

I have an iPad 2, and I have enjoyed every minute since I got it. I was hoping to wait until the 4th generation iPad to come out next year before I even think of upgrading from my iPad 2.
The 3rd generation iPad looked amazing with its new Retina Display, but didn't have the amazing and must have upgrades that I was hoping for.
Well... the big shocker for me was when Apple announced the new iPad Mini, they also announced the New New iPad (4th Generation). The iPad I was waiting for next year came out even quicker then before. Eight months after the release the New iPad (3rd Generation).
This has totally thrown me completely off.
The New New iPad (4th Generation) has the big update that should have come with the New iPad (3rd Generation).
The New New iPad (4th Generation) now comes with a much improved and faster A6X CPU, and still sports the stunning Retina Display, 4G LTE and 1GB of RAM.
Pretty much this is the update I have been waiting for, and if I wait for the New New New iPad (5th Generation) when ever it comes next year. My best guess is that it will come out late next year for next years Christmas season.
Apple wasn't known to release updated products so soon after another major release, which is why it thew me completely off.
Hopefully if I do upgrade to the New New iPad (4th Generation), there will be more time before the 5th Generation iPad so I won't feel like an idiot!

No comments: