Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Sims Revisited With Turbulence.

I've been a fan of The Sims since the original The Sims game came out in 2000. When The Sims 2 came out in 2004, I was super excited on the updates and changes to the gameplay.
The Sims 3 came out back in 2009, but I didn't really jump into playing it like I wanted too for a few reasons. The major one was that I didn't have a PC capable to run and play The Sims 3 back then. Even when I did get a new PC capable of playing The Sims 3 I didn't jump right in and get the Sims 3 right away.

I finally got a copy of The Sims 3, and it has the great qualities of the previous 2 Sim games. My real grip was the fact that when I installed the game it registered on Origin fine, and Origin is not the problem. It was when I tried to register my copy of The Sims 3 game over www.thesims3.com  to gain full access to online features is where my grip is.
The code is invalid is the message I got for several reasons. One of the reasons was that the code has already been registered, but I did what the instruction said to do.
When Installing the game with the Origin client open, type in the code to register over Origin then after the game is installed register the game on the The Sims 3 website.
Apparently when I tried to register over The Sims 3 website. It didn't let me register it.
I looked this situation online and found that I am not the only one that is having this problem, but there was no real solution expect to contact EA tech support.
I went online and began a live chat session with a EA tech support rep, and he/she checked my account to see what the problem was. He/she then saw that my game did register on The Sims 3 website but for some reason isn't showing it on my end. He/she then gave me another code to register on The Sims 3 website, and that code worked.
Now when launching Origin and going into My Games tab, there are 2 copies of The Sims 3. 1 is the original  code that came with my physical copy of the game, and the other is the code given to me buy the EA tech support rep.
Here is the strange thing. I use my original code to play the game, but the online account with all the online feature is tied to the code that was given to me by the EA tech support rep, and since it is working fine, the EA rep said not to worry.
Now to sum this all up, my real grip is the entire process of having my code not work when registering on The Sims 3 website and contacting EA tech support is my real grip.

Other then that, the game works fine even though I now have 2 copies of The Sims 3 game in my game library.

No comments: