Thursday, February 28, 2013

Playstation 4 Revealed, And I Could Care Less Right Now!

Sony recently officially revealed their Playstation 4, and right now I could care less about it. Why? Because I am fed up with Playstation in general.
What led me to this? It had happened just recently on my Playstation 3. There were couple of games that I wanted to play that I haven't played in a while. The first game I put in was Uncharted 3, and what I first get is a mandatory update screen and a prompt to update a couple of updates.
As I mentioned earlier, I do not have a super fast internet connection. The Uncharted 3 mandatory updates were 350MBish-100MBish and it took me a little bit to download the update before I could play.
The next game I put in was Gran Turismo 5! The mandatory updates for this game where huge! Yes, updates as in 10 of them! 1 of them was 1.3GB, 2 were about 500MB and the rest was about 100-300MB! With my internet connection it took about 9 stupid hours to download! THAT'S 9 HOURS DOWNLOADING AN UPDATE BEFORE I COULD PLAY THE GAME!
The 3rd game I put in was LittleBigPlanet 2, and I was greeted with 15 mandatory updates! 15 UPDATES! AND THAT TOO EQUALLY AS LONG TO DOWNLOAD!
I HAVE SPENT MORE TIME DOWNLOADING UPDATES ON MY PS3 THEN PLAYING THE GAMES!
However, Metal Gear Rising finally came out and so I decided to get it for my PS3 to give it another chance. Brand new game, and I put it in and what do I get? Yes yet another mandatory update! 65MB large, but at this point I am really fed up. I opened the game, and still am regretting getting in on my PS3 and should have gotten it on my Xbox 360 instead.
So I got that out of the way...
The PS4 specs are impressive on paper, but what caught my attention was that fact that games updates will now download in the background while the player can hope in right away to play the game.
My response to this news...
WHAT ABOUT MY TIME LOST UPDATING ON MY PS3? I LOST COUNT! NONE OF WHICH I WILL BE GETTING BACK!
This is why I enjoying playing my Xbox 360 more! I spent most of the time on my Xbox 360 playing the games! The largest updates for the Xbox 360 are at max 35MB but most are under 12MB. Only once where it went up to 175MB and that was Battlefield 3.

Playstation has some amazing games though. The Uncharted series has some of the best story and dialog in any video games out there, and the gameplay is some of the best. Gran Turismo 5 is an impressive racing sim, and Littlebigplanet lets the player make pretty much what ever game they want.
The Last Of Us from the makers of the Uncharted series looks like its going to be an impressive game when it comes out.

The games they showed off for the PS4 look really impressive, and the new dual shock 4 controller looks like its going to be really fun to use.
But at this point all this time updating on my PS3 has really left a bitter taste in my mouth that is really hard to forget even when the PS4 might be coming out sooner.

Updated 2/10/2014
I wrote this because at the time I spent almost 24-48 hours just updating my Playstation 3, and all I wanted to do is just play my games. Because of that I was pretty upset at Sony, and my PS3, and when I heard about the PS4, I was a little upset and didn't care about it.
Now that I have my PS4. I know now that it's much better then PS3, and waiting hours downloading update is not there any more. I can still play offline single player while the update is downloading in the back ground, but still can't play online while it needs to download the update first, but I can live with that.

No comments: