Sunday, December 14, 2014

Gaming: Avoid The Hype Train.

The hype train starts of with a game called Watch Dogs by Ubisoft. When Watch Dogs was first shown at E3. Everyone including I marveled at what we saw. It was a new none sequel game with potential gameplay and graphics.
However, this is a mistake to get people hyped up for the game. As time went by and actual gameplay videos surfaced. People including I began to question whether we will be getting the game that we saw in the first E3 video.
Watch Dogs was eventually delayed for more polishing and game bug squashing, and many people accepted this delay in hopes to get the game that we saw in the first E3 video, but when the game finally came out. The game didn't even come close to what was shown in the first E3 video, even on a super high end PC.
The PS4 version that was shown to have amazing graphics also had a graphic downgrade.
Not that the game was bad, but I felt a little disappointed about playing Watch Dogs. The graphics didn't push the PS4 capabilities. The traffic and game NPC, (None Playable Characters) were not as abundant as we were lead to believe.

Then came the news that Grand Theft Auto V will be coming to next gen PS4 and Xbox One systems.
Because of the power of the PS4 and Xbox One. The video showed some amazing graphics enhancements. These graphic enhancements included HD textures, an all new first person mode, increased traffic and civilian NPC's, more realistic weather effects and much more.
Once again I boarded the hype train, and when the game finally came out. Let just say it took a while to even play the game. The install was a huge 55GB, and it took about 45 minutes to install, and a large 1.14GB update. That wasn't the real problem. It's the fact when playing through the game that I noticed and asked. Where are the traffic that I saw in the early video? Don't tell me that I boarded another hype train just like Watch Dog. Even the civilian NPC was almost like the last gen system and not as crowed as I saw in the video.
However, I've been playing trough GTA V for the PS4 for a while now, and many things are what I've seen in the early video. The enhanced HD graphics are like what they showed. Same thing with the weather effects.
The only thing that is hit and miss is the increased traffic and civilian NPC. Randomly at times playing through the game I will run into an area that will have a huge amount of traffic jams like the video showed and all of a sudden there will be all these civilian NPC surrounding me in the game, but the message is next time I see a game video that is too good to be true. Don't expect that it will be the game when it will be released.
Don't board the hype train, and you can avoid the disappointing feel like I did in Watch Dogs and I am kind of feeling playing GTA V on the PS4.

No comments: