Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Gaming: More Day One Updates.

It's seems that a trend that no one has accepted back in the past has now been accepted now. The day one patch is here to stay sadly.
Recently I just got Dying Light by Techland, and I knew there was a day one patch, but I didn't know how big it was until the day before the game came out on physical disc form. I was hoping that the size would be between 300MB-600MB, but that isn't what it turned out to be. Dying Light day one patch was a big 1.75GB!

Every game I've gotten recently has had a day one patch. Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U had a day one patch of 316MB, which isn't to bad but it still had a day one patch.
Grand Theft Auto V and Far Cry 4 for the PS4 both had day one patches.

The Order 1886 for the PS4 will come out in a few weeks, and it will probably come out with a day one patch. I just don't know the size at the moment.

Also coming out soon is the HD PS4 version of Boarderland prequel and 2 and all their DLC in one collection. I am hoping there will not be a day one patch, but I will be looking first before I buy this game.
Halo: Master Chief Collection came out last year with a huge 20GB day one patch! Lets just say I was glad I did my research first! I was looking forward to Halo: Master Chief Collection then I heard about the 20GB day one update and I decided not to get it.
I am hoping that Borderland: The Handsome Collection will not follow suite.

No comments: