Thursday, March 23, 2017

Day One Updates Not A Big Problem Anymore.

Previously I've posted and complained allot about video games update, and day one updates. The big reason I complained allot back then was because I did not have fast internet speeds and the updates were getting bigger and larger.
Today, day one updates for allot of games have gotten allot bigger! For example, Gears Of War 4 day one update was about 13GB large. Was this a problem for me? Not as much because I got faster internet, and enduring updates has become allot painless. The larger updates on the other hand still nag me a little though. I remember one day booting up Halo 5 just to download a 21GB update...
Also many PCs and newer laptops are removing the optical drives completely. The benefit of not having an optical drive on a laptop is the the size of the laptop is significantly reduced, and the size of the battery greatly increased. Optical Drives take up allot of space, and because allot of laptop manufactures are forgoing optical drives. The main stream way of getting games is online. Also, allot of PC games are also forgoing releasing physical copies of games, and allot of stores don't stock allot of physical PC games much any more.
So in the end, the new laptops with out optical drives don't bother me as much these days either because I have faster internet. I've played around with newer laptops and they are slick and streamlined with out an optical drive.

No comments: