Thursday, March 23, 2017

Ubisoft's Downgrades.

Ubisoft is a large video game developer and distributor that makes allot of popular titles. They are also famous for over hyping their games at E3 and delivering an entirely different experience when the game is released.
For example, there was a game called Watch Dogs that was shown at E3 2012, and it wowed allot of people. It had some really impressive graphics, and game play. Did we get that experience when the game came out? No! The retail version version of watch dogs didn't even come close to what it looked like in the E3 trailer. Even the game play wasn't like it was shown at E3. Was it a bad game? No, it was actually pretty fun. It was just wasn't what I expect when I first saw it at E3.
Then there was another game called The Division. This game is an online tactical RPG shooter that is built around online co-op. Once again, the E3 trailer wowed people. Over time though, we saw the changes made to the game before we got our hands on it when it finally came out. The retail version of the Division was different then that of the E3 trailer. Graphically, it's the closet to the E3 trailer then Ubisoft has made. There was also the problem that The Division was broken allot of time when it came out, but I won't get into that and I digress.
Two more games came out recently by Ubisoft. For Honor, and Ghost Recon Wildlands.
I won't go into For Honor because I won't buy the game because of the over use of micro transaction!
Ghost Recon Wildlands I will go into. Once again this game doesn't come close to what it looked like when they first showed it off at E3. I've been playing this game a while now, and the game play is similar to that what was shown at E3, and I am enjoying it allot. At this point I didn't expect the game to look as good as it did when they first showed it off. That way I won't hit the disappointment low after going over the over hype roller coaster. I even knew when I first saw Ghost Recon Wildlands. It is not going to look like that when the game came out. So from now on, when I see another Ubisoft game at E3. I won't be taken by the flashy hype that they like to push because the saying, "Fool me once, same on me. Fool me twice, shame on you."

No comments: