Sunday, March 17, 2013

SimCity: Even More Problems.

The server problems have gotten allot better in the past couple of days, but now there are in game problems that are popping up.
Number one problem is the traffic congestion that happens when one city in the region becomes more dense with sims. It has something to do with the games path finding for traffic. They will take the most illogical route creating an illogical traffic jam.
For example in one of my cities I had multiple roads from point A to point B, but the sims always took the shortest rout creating an illogical traffic jam. Meaning they took the same avenue for a short cut. This traffic jam then domino effect to other roads causing my region artery to get clogged. With the main artery that connects my city to the region clogged. Many of my region resources are having trouble coming into my city. One of these resources is coal to power up my coal power plant. Because the main artery to the region being clogged, the coal tuck can not make their delivery to the coal power plant. With no coal to fuel the power plant, it then shuts down and the city runs out of power shutting other essential services such as water and treatment plants. Basically everything in the city shuts down.
Because of that problem, I had to restart my region because my power plant didn't have coal to power the city and nothing I could do to improve the traffic problem would allow the coal trucks to make their delivery.
So I then restarted the region, and made allot of improvements to the road system by building an extensive avenue system with street car system and bus systems early in the city life. However, yet again the sims are creating an illogical traffic jam even though there are multiple avenues from point A to point B causing the main artery to my region to get clogged and preventing the coal trucks from making their delivery to the coal power plants.
Thankfully Maxies is aware of this problem and is working on a fix, and hopefully will fix it soon.
Another problem is that sim children in my region are not commuting to the neighboring city with a school. Having a Community College or University in one city in the region doesn't benefit the rest of the cities in the region because the students will not commute to that city with a Community College or University.
There are issues with fire tucks roaming the streets passing buildings on fire. I've seen a fire tuck go around the block over a dozen times before going after a building of fire, and by that time the fire already burnt the building down.
Tourist who come into the city will all of a sudden slow down or stop coming into the city.
There are much more that I am to tired to list all of them...

No comments: