Thursday, December 19, 2013

My Playstation 4

My last blog about the Playstation 4 was about when it was revealed and how I could care less about it back then. Well, that was because I was going trough frustration with the PS3 and all the mandatory updates. That was then and this is now.
At the time, I decided to pre-order my PS4 before all the pre-orders all sold out. The time came and the PS4 was finally released and I got my PS4.
First thing that I was happy about was the mandatory updates that I was so frustrated about on the PS3 was there on the PS4, but instead of staring at a download progress bar for the update to download. the PS4 downloads all of them in the background. Well except for the PS4 firmware updates. I still need to download them and I can't access any online feature before downloading them, but I can play offline while the update downloads in the background. This is much better then before, and I am glad they made it this way, but there is room for improvement.
First, when I got my PS4 there was a day one mandatory firmware update, but it was only around 330MB in size. Since then, there were other firmware updates and the thing is the updates were about the same size as the day one updates. They were around 330MB in size. I was hoping that the later updates would be smaller in size.
For example, Call Of Duty Ghost for the PS4 day one update was about 700MB large, and the next patch was about the same size. I was expecting that the following patch for Call Of Duty Ghost would be smaller, maybe 10-50MB depending on what the update fixed and so on. I didn't expect it do be the same 700MB size as the day one update. However, having the update download in the background made up for waiting and not being able to play the game in the first place.

The Playstation 4 is small for a next generation console. Compared to the Xbox One, its allot smaller, and I like how compact it is.
I haven't played much with my Playstation 4 because of work, but I will post more when I have more time playing my PS4.

No comments: