Monday, February 10, 2014

On The Fence With Xbox One.

I am currently on the fence with getting an Xbox One. I have been playing Xbox since the original Xbox, and I waited about a hole year after the Xbox 360 came out before I purchased one. Since I got my Xbox 360, my gaming experience with the 360 hasn't been the smoothest. About 6 months after I got my Xbox 360, it broke down, and when I shipped it down for repairs the break down turned into the dreaded Three Red Ring Of Death. After I got my Xbox 360 back from repairs, it then broke down 4 more times. I then decided to purchase the new Xbox 360 slim when it came out, and since then have had no more bad experience since.
My problem now with the new Xbox One is that is brand new hardware. Days after the Xbox One came out, there have been allot of people already with faulty Blu Ray optical drives.
My negative experience with my previous first generation Xbox 360 fresh on my mind. I am reluctant into spending $499.99 right now for an Xbox One.
Also, since the Xbox One came out, there has been multiple updates including the large 500MB day one update I would still have to go trough.
The Xbox One 500GB hard drive size is also a little concern, but it's pretty small. The fact that it's none removable is more of a concern. I am used to being able to upgrade the hard drive on my own then to be stuck with the one size hard drive that came with the system.
There is a rumor that is giving me a little hope. The rumor is a white Xbox One that comes bundled with a 1TB hard drive. If this is to be true, then this new white Xbox One will also be installed with all the latest system updates that I don't have to download, and that alone makes me happy.

No comments: