Sunday, March 16, 2014

Time To Get A New Watch.

Most of my life, I've felt comfortable wearing a wrist watch. As a kid I've only had cheap digital watches. One of my favorite watches in high school was a Casio wrist remote control watch that could control TV's and VCR's at the time. It wasn't a cheap watch costing around $70, but it was sure fun when playing innocent pranks.
A while ago I got my first analog metal watches for Christmas. It is a simple analog watch, but it was my first watch that wasn't cheaply made, and I've had it for a very long time now. Long enough that I've had to change the battery twice now. I've been putting it off, but now I think it's about time I get a new watch. Now that I have a steady income with work. I can think about getting better watch.
It took me some time to decide but I ended up with a Citizen Eco Drive Proximity watch. This is no ordinary watch but it is considered a 'smart watch,' and it's not a digital watch. It's an elegant looking analog watch with smart watch functionality. It connects via Bluetooth to an iPhone, and with the new 2.5 firmware update it can now notifies you on the watch sms txt message, which allot of people have been asking for since the Citizen Proximity came out last fall. The watch also notifies you for incoming calls on the iPhone, new email, calendar events, reminders and FaceTime calls. It does have one of my favorite features which the watch syncs it's time to the iPhone which keeps more accurate time. It also has a function where it can trigger a signal to help find the iPhone.
It's a very handsome large watch compared to my older analog watch. Instead of a metal band which I'm used to. The Proximity comes with a cool looking leather band that helps keep the wrist cool when it gets hot. I wasn't sure at first, but I've found it very comfortable on the wrist. I just got it recently, so I haven't really tested it's Bluetooth functionality with my iPhone, but will post more about it when I do get used to it.

Edit: The Citizen Proximity cost $495, and it's reasonably priced for a watch like the Proximity. With My employee discount and other savings, I managed to get the price down to a low price of $297, which is allot of savings.

Another watch I am looking to is another analog watch. This watch is the Casio MTG G-Shock watch, and it's a beefy large watch! It's not cheap either, costing at $1000 for the black version. The MTG is built for durability to take allot of punishment. The MTG is also an atomic watch which synchronizes with signals from around the world to atomic clocks which keeps a very accurate time all around the world. I don't know why, but I really like large watches expressly the MTG. I've also held the MTG in hand and I really like how it feels. From the size to the sturdy metal band, but it's not a heavy watch if you look at it. I am still deciding if I really want to invest in the $1000 for the watch, but only time will tell.

Edit: The MTG on the other hand I don't get any savings as I did with the Proximity. It seems Casio the company is very fussy with giving discounts, but I am pretty sure I get my standard employee discount, and even with that the price is pretty steep.

No comments: