Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Dead Rising 4's Problems.

I've had Dead Rising 4 since it came out last Christmas, and there are many things that I like about the game. The removal of time from the game play was easy to get used to and it was understandable because the focus was to explore freely with out worrying about time.
I paid for the season pass because I wanted all the DLC content, and it wasn't expensive.
However, the first DLC rolled out just after the game came out before Christmas 2016, and I thought that why did they release DLC so soon when there were allot of bugs and glitches in the game that could be fixed.
I will list some of them they haven't fixed.

NPC Either Zombie or Human Characters:

  • Zombie clipping! Clipping is anything that moves through objects in the game world or gets stuck in the game world. For example, zombies walking though walls, cars, doors and furniture. Zombies being stuck in walls. I've seen allot of zombies being stuck in walls, and that is also part of some minor game breaking bugs. There are side quest where the player has to save human civilians from a hoard of zombies, but sometime the zombies that are marked to be killed are stuck either in the walls or in the ground which makes it impossible to complete the side mission. It is rare and I've only seen it a few times. It has not been fixed.
  • Zombies when killed will freeze into place. For Example if I kill a zombie that was standing. That zombie will get stuck there standing stuck in time, or there was one time when the zombie flew during an explosion and it was stuck in mid air in which I took a screen shot on Xbox One. This too has not been fixed. In fact it has gotten worse because I've seen it more often during the latest patches and DLCs
AI Either Zombie or Human Characters:
  • I've noticed in the latest update that the AI in both the Zombies and AI would just stop when in the middle of some action, usually when they are attacking. I also noticed they stop or get stuck next to objects like walls.
Frank Rising DLC:
  • More game breaking bugs in this DLC is more worse then the main game because the time constraint is back. These bugs are the same as the clipping ones in which game objectives will get stuck in a wall. One of the mini bosses in the DLS I found got stuck in a high corner wall of a large building, and I wasn't able to touch it. There was 2 options I could have done. The one I did was to die in game, but this restarted me in a save point earlier in the game, and the time did not reset.  The other option was to start all over again because each time playing the Frank Rising DLC starts the game at the beginning.
These are some of the many small bugs and glitches that added up and have not yet been fixed.

No comments: