Sunday, April 2, 2017

No Man's Sky Part 2

Since the launch of No Man's Sky on the PS4, there have been 2 updates which adds stuff to the game. The first update called the Foundation Update added base building, being able to purchase a freighter and customize both the base and freighter, a harder difficulty and lots of bugs fixes and improvements. The second is called the Path Finder Update which adds a harder difficultly, land vehicles for faster travel on a planet and other things.
I started playing through some of the new updates, and it is a step in the right direction. Many argue that this should have been in the game when it first came out, and it's still not the game that we first saw during the reveal trailer.
I am having trouble finding a base on my home planet. I found several bases, but they were on planets with aggressive sentinels. What does this mean? Sentinels are robots that patrol planets in the galaxy. If they spot you harvesting resources or killing indigenous life forms they will attack. Or if your on a planet with aggressive sentinels they will automatically attack you no matter what you do. I've been finding most of the candidates for bases I want to build on these aggressive planets!
I've also been having trouble finding another ship I want to travel in. My current ship does not have much space for inventory, and the crashed ships I've been finding are not fighter class ships. The ones I've found on space stations cost allot of money to get them, and it's taking allot of grinding to earn the money for one. This is why I am still trying to find a crashed fighter ship on a planet.
I've just re started playing the game again, and I am enjoying it more now. However, there is still this after taste of disappointment still lingering.

No comments: