Monday, April 3, 2017

Windows 7 To Windows 10.

I enjoyed Windows 7 since the previous Windows Vista wasn't so great, and I used Windows 7 allot that is until they released Windows 8 which made even more changes by removing the start button and replacing it with a start screen. Windows 8.1 returned the start button sort of. Pressing the start button in Win 8.1 only takes it back to the start screen. Also booting straight to the start screen in Windows 8.1 was hard to get used to. I did not upgrade my Windows 7 to 8.1.
Windows 10 brings back the start button with a hybrid of both traditional Windows start and Windows 8. I don't mind this because I can customize it.
What is getting hard to get used to is how Windows 10 does it's updating. Unlike previous Windows in which it lets the users choose the updates. Windows 10 forces the user to download and install all the updates. An option to scheduled the time windows for the install and restart was added for the updates. I still don't have control to opt out. It's hard to get used to having control and having it taken away. On the up side, it makes it easier to keep Windows up to date.
I am also getting used to the touch interface that was introduced in Windows 8. Windows 10 has them and does a good job utilizing it if you have a device with touch screen capabilities. It's something new to get used to.


No comments: