Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Even More Micro Transactions.

I've been running into allot of micro transactions in games lately. Even games that never had micro transactions are now implementing it in their games.
Allot of these micro transactions take the form of 'loot crates' that give the player extra mods, skins, characters etc. Some games allows to purchase these 'loot crates' with in game currency that can be earned through playing the game and 'grinding.' The catch is if you want more at a faster pace, the player can pay real money for faster and more 'loot crates.'
However, there are some games that block some of these crates behind 'pay walls.' What is a 'pay wall?' It is an item or 'loot crate' that can only be purchased with real money.

For example, Gears Of War 4 has crates and items behind a pay wall. Some crates that could only purchased with real money. Their excuse is that the money go towards e-sport competitions. I don't care where the money goes too. I payed $100 for the gold edition and season pass just so that to get those items I would have to pay more money, and these loot crates run from $10 - $20 each.
I took a break from Gears Of War 4 because of this and other reasons.

The Division is also another game that added loot crates.

Then there is pay to win games... These games not only have pay walls but forces players to pay money to get items that allows them to advance and win the game. These games I refuse to play.

Forza Horizon 3 came out with no micro transaction. It was later added via updates.

There are some games like Halo 5: Guardians where all of the DLC's are free but have micro transactions to pay for loot crates, but are also not behind pay walls. There is allot of grinding in the game to earn enough in game currencies to buy the loot crate. When playing personaly, I did not see a pay wall. I got tired of the grinding though, and I uninstalled the game because the size of the game went over 100GB and I wanted to install and play others games on my Xbox One.

Micro Transaction is here to stay and won't be going away, and I don't like it.

No comments: