Friday, October 6, 2017

Destiny 2: 128 Hours Gameplay!

So I've played about 128 hours of Destiny 2 and I have all three characters at level 20 with a light level of over 172, and I am enjoying the game. Here is what I think so far.

Micro transactions:

  • Micro transaction is still in the game in the form of  Silver, which is an in game currency that can only purchased with real money. With the silver, the player can purchase 'bright engrams' which is Destiny 2's equivalent of a loot boxes.
  • So far, I haven't been forced to use real money to buy any silver to purchase 'bright engrams.' After level 20, the player is rewarded 1 bright engram each time the player levels up.
  • When opening the bright engrams, the loot that comes out of the bright engram is random and lately I haven't had any really good items come out of my bright engrams which is frustrating. My other friends seem to get cool stuff like exotic space ships and sparrow.
Gameplay:
  • The gameplay plays like the first Destiny game, and in many ways it fells more like Destiny 1.5 then a true sequel.
  • However, Destiny 2 plays allot better then the first Destiny. Early on in the game I got my first exotic item. In the first Destiny it took me a long while before I got my first exotic, and Destiny 1 didn't even make it clear on how to get exotics. Getting rare exotics early in the game makes me fell accomplished early on.
  • The gun play is still tight and even better then the first game.
  • What I really like is that it is easier to infuse and upgrade exotic items with out the use of exotic shards. In Destiny 1, one of the only few ways to get exotic shards is to wait for the weekend for an in game NPC named Xur to randomly pop into the game and then I could buy exotic shards with an in game currency called 'strange coins.' In Destiny 2, it only takes legendary shards to infuse exotic or legendary items which can be obtained by dismantling legendary or exotic items.
Story:
  • The story in Destiny 2 is much better and focused then the first Destiny. I still don't know the full story of Destiny 1 and in which order the story goes by.
  • Destiny 2 has much more focused story with clear cinematic cut scenes. The main story is not very long which I don't mind since I can fully under stand it.
Content:
  • There is allot more content this time around. Destiny 1 there wasn't much to do when the game first came out, and more content is being added quicker in Destiny 2 then the first game.
  • Grinding! Yes there is allot of grinding in Destiny 2, but that is expected from a loot driven game like Destiny 2. It feels less grindy then the first Destiny though.
This game is nothing new, and it doesn't feel like a squeal, but I am still having fun playing the game. Now if only I can finally finish the leviathan raid at least once...

No comments: